Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Few Minutes of Fame



 To my surprise and delight, StoryCorps picked up on Rev. Dr. Garbage Man, and thought my daughter, Charlie might interview him (Dad, Silly Old Man) for a segment. Thanks to my colleagues at Wisdom Ways who turned them on to this in the first place, Barbara Lund and Sonja Ausen-Anafrani.

My daughter, Charlie and I recorded for over an hour. They assured us that less than one percent of their interviews reach the weekly national radio broadcast. I was surprised then, when I got a call on Thursday, January 19th saying we were going to be broadcast on NPR the next morning. It was inauguration day. Our audience was huge. Bigger than any ever before, or ever after. Enjoy...

Listen to StoryCorps Interview Here

3 comments:

  1. The timing was soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The timing was sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a role-model and sharing your story. Your community is lucky to have a treasure by the curb, and on the pulpit.

    Art on Saipan Island, CNMI, USA

    ReplyDelete